Last week I finished “You Are a Badass” by Jen Sincero. She promises that with this book you will “Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life.” But is it true, or is this New York Times Bestseller just another self-help book that you will read and then think “that was great, back to my old ways!”?
Today I am sharing my perspective on this book in a not-too-long-but-informative book review.
How do I find time to read?
Since I’ve been getting up earlier I have more time to read books. It is actually part of my morning routine now. Every morning I read for at least ten minutes and I try to do the same before I go to bed. However, because I wake up between 5 and 5:30 AM these days, reading before bed isn’t always happening.
Overall I truly enjoyed this book. It is a great book for those of us who are looking for some inspiration to get our buts moving. It really teaches you how to go out and get the things you want for yourself without focusing too heavily on the law of attraction (LoA).
LoA is a theme throughout this book, but I do believe that even if you do not trust “the universe” (or whoever) with your future, it still is full of usable tips and tricks to live your best life.
- The book is easy to read and has a pleasant tone, Jen really knows how to capture that “this is your friend talking” tone of voice.
- It explains some simple concepts such as visualization and gratitude in a casual way, perfect for first-timers.
- She is FUNNY! This is a big plus, the book was so enjoyable and relatable that I just kept on reading.
- Usable tips and tricks to love yourself more and to go and get the life that you always wanted.
- Big focus on self-love, that is
soooimportant and therefore a big plus in this book.
- It is a real motivator to get started; while reading this book
Idecided to wake up early every morning, I finished my idea’s for this blog AND I started a work project I’ve been procrastinating on for months. If that isn’t successI don’t know what is.
There is nothing
Also, if you
You Are a Badass – To buy or not to buy?
I would recommend people to buy this book.
Have you read this book already and if you did, how did you like it? What is your favorite quote from the book?